Before Your Procedure:
- Avoid alcohol or blood thinners for 72 hours before your procedure.
- Please avoid tanning for at least 2 weeks before your procedure so that we can assess your natural skin tone and your skin is able to retain and heal at its best.
- Refrain from chemical peels or abrasive skin procedures for at least one week prior to your procedure.
- Ensure that if you have received Botox or any similar treatment, it has been at least two weeks since your treatment.
- Feel free to come in with your eyebrows as you naturally fill them and bring photos for reference if you'd like, we can work with them together to make your dream eyebrows.
After Your Procedure:
- Please follow our aftercare to ensure that your eyebrows retain and heal the best that they can.
- Apply the healing ointment to the eyebrows 2-3 times a day, ensuring that it is applied before bed as well as before showering.
- To wash the brow area, gently use a fragrance free cleanser with clean hands on the brow area. Splash with water to rinse and pat dry with a clean cloth, do not rub or scrub excessively.
- Do not immerse your eyebrows in water for 14 days, when showering keep your eyebrows out of the stream as best you can.
- When washing your face, avoid scrubbing your eyebrow area or wiping with any soaps, removers, toners, etc.
- Refrain from putting makeup on your eyebrows for at least 10 days. Microblading is an open wound and makeup application will leave you prone to infections, irritations, and skin issues.
- Refrain from alcohol use as well as any aspirin or ibuprofen or any vitamins or supplements that will thin your blood for 72 hours.
- Your brow area will scab, itch and peel. Do not scratch, pick, itch, or disturb the area in any way. This will affect your retention and pigmentation.
- Avoid swimming, tanning and saunas for at least 14 days.
- We suggest that you refrain indefinitely from any scrubs, peels, chemical procedures, or any abrasive skin procedure on your eyebrow area.
- Specifically refrain from these for 14 days after your procedure.
- If you do receive any of these treatments, please request that your technician avoid your eyebrows.
- Keep bangs and hair out of your face for at least 10 days.
- Although we suggest using a sunblock all the time for skin health and protection, after your eyebrows are fully healed (about 10-14 days), use a sunscreen on your eyebrow area to prevent fading due to sun exposure.
- Tinting of the eyebrow hair should not be performed for at least 3 weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid Retin-A, Chemical Peels, Laser Treatments, Microdermabrasions, or any skin lightening treatment, etc. around your eyebrow area to prevent fading.
Risks and Complications:
If you are concerned about any complication or allergic reaction, we recommend a patch test to see how your skin will react to the pigment and anesthetic. Patch tests should be performed about 5-7 days prior to the procedure, however in some very rare cases, some people do experience latent reactions to pigment.
All pigments used by Boss Brow Studio are cosmetic grade and hypoallergenic and should not disturb most skins.
Consider a patch test if you :
- have frequent allergic reactions
- are allergic to topical cosmetics
- have never been tattooed
- have had an allergic reaction to any implanted pigment
- are allergic to dyes, nikel, gold or silver